HR Consulting Services
- Assessing your organization’s culture and needs
- Recommending a pragmatic roadmap for success across your organization’s talent management spectrum – from hire to retire.
Small and mid-sized for profit and nonprofit organizations rely on our strategic guidance to take their human resources and organizational development practices to a higher level. We help them build a more effective culture and stay competitive. This often includes mentoring the HR leader.
The beginning of an engagement is frequently an assessment.
The assessment frequently consists of confidential interviews and/or focus groups with a sample of leaders and frontline employees to inquire about:
- What they most value about working at the organization
- What might cause them to consider leaving the organization
- What they see as the key people issues facing the organization
- Whether they have the tools, training and resources to perform their jobs
- How they describe the culture at the organization
- What the Human Resources function should start/stop/continue to enhance the work environment and effectiveness of HR services
Pragmatic Roadmap For Success
Following the assessment, HR Directions develops a roadmap for success based on best practices customized to the client’s goals and culture. The roadmap sequences near-term and longer-term solutions for building a strong foundation and fostering a culture of engagement and accountability.
Solutions may include strategies and tactics such as:
- Advise on effective organizational structure based on company size, staffing, and business goals.
- Establish the right HR infrastructure to support the culture and business goals
- Build an integrated talent management cycle – from hire to retire
- Establish meaningful performance management and employee development practices
- Introduce strategies to retain skilled employees and keep them motivated and engaged
- Define the culture by helping the team identify core competencies for staff and leadership using the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect tool
- Advise on effective strategies to manage the culture and people aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Counsel on change management, including approaches to helping employees navigate change
Certifications and Tools
In addition to her extensive working and volunteer experience, Marcia uses the following tools, which she can apply for your personal, professional and/or organizational growth:
Korn FerryLeadership Architect – A comprehensive set of 38 competencies that are used to define the critical core and leadership competencies. Each competency describes what behaviors constitute skillful use, underuse or overuse of that competency. For Your Improvement includes tips for identifying competency needs and how to address them via on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring. Competencies form the foundation all talent management work – from hire to retire.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) – Scoring and interpretation for individuals and teams—to foster self-awareness and effective teamwork. Also used for career coaching and planning.
Feedback (3600) Surveys — Marcia can design and administer confidential surveys to aid in executive evaluations. Based on the results, Marcia will recommend individual development and organizational follow up actions.
Ntrinsx – a patented social intelligence platform to foster self-awareness and a culture of respect. Like a prism, Ntrinsx uses colors to help people understand the intrinsic strengths of their character, and recognize and appreciate the intrinsic values of others. It helps people in their professional, family and social life by embracing respect in their relationships.
As Intrinsic Systems Founder (and creator of Ntrinsx) Bob Hill writes, “We are all unique individuals. We don’t all hold the same values, so why would you treat everyone the same? To be most effective, people need to understand and respect the intrinsic values of others they engage with.”